Scientific Method Worksheets
When you learn the scientific method, you are actually learning how to learn. This is the method scientists and researchers use to study the world around them. Check out these free Scientific Method worksheets for all grades!
- Experimenting with Earthworms
- Scientific Method Test
- Identifying Variables
- Asking the Right Question
- Science is Everywhere
- Using Scientific Method Vocabulary
- Practice Writing Hypotheses
- Understanding Variables
- Lab Safety Rules Handout
- What did these Scientists do?
- Understanding and Questioning
- Tale or True
- Story of the Insect
- Speak More on the Method
- Saturation Story of Sugar
- Hair Experiment
- About Beri Beri
- Scientific Method Sequencing Strips
- Scientific Method in Action - The Discovery of Penicillin
- Scientific Method Crossword
- Old Wives' Tales - True or False
- How to Write an Experimental Conclusion
- Flash Cards - Scientific method Verbs
- Flash Cards - Scientific method Nouns
- All About Scientists
- Match the Terms
- Scientific Language Decoded
- Scientific Method Quiz
- Scientific Method Word Hunt
- Color the Microscope
- Scientific Method Word Scramble
What is the Scientific Method?
The scientific method is based on asking questions (Why do birds have feathers?) and trying to discover the answer or answers (To keep them warm, keep off the rain, allow them to fly, and so on.)
All discoveries and inventions start off with questions. When you look at something you don’t understand, you have a great urge to ask questions and find answers. That’s the scientific method in action. However, you need to offer solid evidence to back up your answers – that’s how others can test whether you are right or wrong.
A scientist who makes a scientific statement works hard to come up with the supporting proof. He has to come up with answers to a bunch of questions. The good thing about science is, you don’t have to go test everything all over again – you can always learn from concepts that have already been established. This leaves you free to build upon existing scientific knowledge and come up with new theories and hypotheses.
These printable Scientific Method worksheets are designed for all skill levels. Also, try our other interesting Scientific Method Activities!